We are pleased to announce the new monthly release of Aspose.Words for Cloud 18.2. This release features a brand new Node.js SDK built from the ground up along with support for converting encrypted PDF files to Word. Based on Adobe’s deprecation of Flash, conversion to SWF is no longer supported in Aspose.Words Cloud REST API. Please go through the Aspose.Words for Cloud 18.2 Release Notes for a full set of changes to the API.
New Features and Enhancements
1. Revamped Node.js SDK Released
A fully reworked version of Aspose Cloud Node.js SDK has been released. Node.js Cloud SDK is a wrapper around REST API, allowing to process documents in Node.js 4.8 or higher quickly and easily, gaining all benefits of strong types and IDE highlights. The distribution is available at npm and source code at GitHub
New SDK is fully supported and has the following advantages over the previous versions:
- SDK is fully in sync with the API, all missing methods are added
- Classes, methods, and properties have comments and are IDE-friendly
- Better security
- Usage of Request/Response classes to represent long lists of parameters. This allows for cleaner code and easier backward-compatibility going forward
SDK is not backward compatible with the previous generation because of the last item. It should be straightforward to convert program code to using Request/Response objects, if you need any help on migration please ask at Free Support Forum.
2. Conversion of encrypted PDF files to Word
Aspose.Words now support encrypted PDF files for PDF to Word conversion.
3. Dropping support for Word to SWF conversion
Based on Adobe’s deprecation of Flash, conversion to SWF is no longer supported in Aspose.Words Cloud REST API.
4. Dropping support for deprecated save option properties
Some save options that have been deprecated in Aspose.Words .NET are now not available in Aspose.Words Cloud REST API as well. A full list of properties is as follows:
|Removed Property||Property to use instead|
Please note that other deprecated save options may be dropped in the future as well, specifically in PdfSaveOptions class.
Aspose for Cloud Resources
You may visit the following API resources for getting started and working with the API.
- Product Documentation – Detailed API documentation with code examples and details about API functional areas
- API Reference Guide – Quickly browse through all Aspose.Words for Cloud APIs and test them in the browser