Automate Word to PDF and PDF to Word conversion using Zapier. Implement Word to PDF Converter using Zapier
Aspose.Cloud provides REST-based programming APIs offering the capabilities to create, edit and convert Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, XPS, JPEG, etc formats to other supported formats. But in order to automate the document conversion process, we offer a Word to PDF converter app on Zapier that allows you to connect your document repositories from Google Drive or Dropbox to our file processing service and automate your daily tasks with ease. As a result, the output files are saved to cloud storage associated with your cloud subscription account. This article focuses on how to convert DOCX to PDF through Zapier.
Aspose.Cloud dashboard provides a centralized interface to manage artifacts on Cloud storage. Therefore, the first step is to create a free subscription account on Aspose.Cloud dashboard. The subscription is free and during this whole process, you do not need to provide credit card or payment details. So if you have GitHub or Google account, simply Sign Up or, click on the create a new Account button and provide the required details. Please follow the instructions below to complete the account setup process.
- Login to the dashboard and click Applications option from left menu
- Click Create New Application button
- Scroll down to Default Storage section and click the plus (+) sign
- Select Internal Storage option from menu
- Provide storage name details i.e. Default Storage and from Storage Mode, select Retain files for one month option (or any other option as per your preferecne)
- Click the Save button
- Under Application Details section, enter Application name i.e. First Application and provide description (optional)
- Now select Default Storage (create above) option from Select Default storage dropdown
- Click the Save button
- Now click the Files option from left menu. Under storage dropdown, select the storage created earlier steps
Google Drive Account
Now we need to set up a Google Drive account where input word documents will be uploaded. If you already have an account, please log in or create a new one. Right-click the My Drive option from the left menu and select the New Folder option. Enter name as Documents and click CREATE button. A new folder named Documents is created under My Drive.
Word to PDF Converter
Now we need to create our first Zap to automate the process to convert word to pdf using Zapier.
- Visit zapier.com
- Enter your work email and name details
- Click the Get Started Free button
- Setup a strong password and click Sign Up button
- Now on login screen, enter your email ID and password details and click login button. Skip role and organization details on subsequent screen (its optional)
- The dashboard screen will be displayed as given below
- Enter Google Drive in Connect this app… and Aspose in with this one ! text fields
- Select New File in Folder option from When this happens… and Convert option from then do this! dropdown
- No click the Try it button.
- On subsequent screen, click the Get Started button
- Now we need to connect the Google Drive account from which input files will be loaded
- Click the Connect button and enter your Google account details. After Sign in, click Allow on permissions screen
- Now click Next button and select Google drive you need to connect. In our case, select My Google Drive radio button and click Next button
- Select Documents folder (that we created earlier) and click Next button
- Since our drive is empty, so above message will be displayed
- Open Google drive and upload a sample DOC file to Documents folder
- The next step is to connect Aspose account. Click the Connect button on screen displayed below
- A screen will be displayed asking for Client ID and Client credential details which are available on Aspose.Cloud Dashboard
- Now open the dashboard and select Applications option from left menu
- Click First Application we created in earlier steps. Copy Client ID and Client Credentials details from screen and enter on Aspose account connect screen. Then click Yes, Continue button
- Once correct details are provided, following screen with success message will be displayed
- On subsequent screen, select File under Documents dropdown and pdf under Ouptut Format. You may select output format as per your requirements i.e. dot, docm, markdown, html, svg, xps etc. Then click Next button
- On Zap test screen, click the Send test button. If all the details are correct, a success message will be displayed
- The output as a result of test will be saved to mapped Cloud storage
- Now again open Aspose.Cloud dashboard and select Files option from left menu. Notice that a new folder named Zapier and new PDF document are generated
- Now that all the settings are complete, click Turn on Zap button on review screen. Following screen will be displayed where we can select Manage your Zap button to take further control
- Click the Zaps option on Zapier dashboard and it will display the newly added Zap
- In order to view details of Zap, click the i icon against Zap in list
- In order to make changes in Zap flow, click View in Editor button and following view will be displayed
- We can change Zap Action Event from Convert to other available options as Classify, Split, Merge etc.
- Navigate back to Zapier main screen and click (i) Icon to view Zap details.
- Click Zap runs link over Google Drive -> Aspose detail page
- Add a new file in Google drive. In our case, we have added a new Google Docs file as shown in image below
- The zap will run (as its already turned on) and it will start the conversion process and resultant file will be saved on Cloud storage.
In this article, we have explored the steps on how to convert word to pdf using Zapier. So you can leverage the file conversion capabilities without writing a single line of code. As mentioned above, other than conversion operation, you may also consider performing Split, Merge, Classify, etc. Our Cloud APIs are built under MIT license, so their complete code is available for download over GitHub.
In case you encounter any issues while using our APIs or you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us via free customer support forums.
If you need to programmatically implement document conversion/processing capabilities, please take a look over the following articles: