We’re excited to release new version of Aspose.Words Cloud REST API. Aspose.Words Cloud 19.4 includes lots of improvements related to features already supported by the API along with some breaking changes. Read on to see what’s new.
The major change in this release is introduction of V4 API version, it has more improved and optimized architecture. According to HTTP/1.1 specifications, we have changed PUT methods to POST and vice versa in this release. Now, all idempotent methods are PUT and non-idempotent methods are POST. In this release, we have included storage APIs in Aspose.Words Cloud REST API. Now you can perform different storage related operations directly, without using a separate Cloud API for the purpose. Learn more.
- Introduced API version V4
- Changed PUT to POST (and vice versa): from now on, all idempotent methods are PUT and non-idempotent ones are POST
- “destFileName” parameter: now it contains absolute (instead of relative) path to save result file
- Fixed serialization of “SourceFormat” property in “Document” response
- “nodepath” parameter is always “path” type now
- Removed “envelop” from all responses
New Features and Improvements
Storage APIs from now on are included in Aspose.Words Cloud REST API for a better user experience and unification
- File API - Methods for upload, download, copy, move, delete files: input documents and rendering results, in the cloud storage
- Folder API - Methods for create, copy, move, delete folders in the cloud storage
Improved recognition for multi-line headers and footers in PDF to Word Conversion API
Fixed an error in PDF to Word Conversion API while several documents are processed in parallel
How it Works
Here we demonstrate how easily you can convert a PDF document to DOCX using newest release. We will exhibit changes between V4 and V1 in this example for clear understanding by following these steps:
- Get Access token for authentication
- Upload Source PDF document to Storage
- Convert PDF to DOCX
We are using cURL for consuming REST APIs in the example. You can use available SDKs to use the API directly in your favorite platform with ease.
Aspose.Words Cloud V1.1
Aspose.Words Cloud V4
Please note now V4 version only supports JWT(Json Web Token) for authentication, you cannot use URL signing and OAuth2 authentication methods with new version. Secondly, in V4 example, File API method of Aspose.Words Cloud is used to upload source file instead of Aspose.Storage Cloud API. And lastly but not least request type is changed to PUT in V4 instead of POST.
Share Your Feedback
Feel free to drop us a comment sharing your thoughts about the new version of Aspose.Words Cloud REST API. Or let us know if you have any suggestions or if you need any particular features which you expect our REST API to have.
And if you have not already had a chance to try our REST API, simply start a free trial today. All you need is to sign up with the aspose.cloud. Once you have signed up, you are ready to try the powerful file processing features offered by aspose.cloud.