Aspose.Cloud provides a huge set of Cloud-based REST APIs offering the capabilities to create, manipulate as well as transform input files to other supported output formats. You can directly access the APIs using cURL commands via command prompt. Similarly, you can use individually created programming SDKs to fulfill your requirements. Therefore, if you need to manipulate MS Word files using C# .NET, you need to try using Aspose.Words Cloud SDK for .NET.
Furthermore, if you need to manipulate PowerPoint presentations using PHP language, you need to try using Aspose.Slides Cloud SDK for PHP. In this article, we are defining the steps to install Cloud SDKs.
Installing .NET Cloud SDK
The simplest way to use .NET Cloud SDK is to add it through the NuGet library. The steps specified below show how to search and add Aspose.Words Cloud SDK.
- Open Visual Studio
- Create a new project or Open an existing one
- Expand project in solution explorer and right-click Packages folder
- Click Manage NuGet Packages…
- Type Aspose.Words Cloud in the search field
- Now click the checkbox beside Aspose.Words-Cloud option from the results box
- Finally, click the Add Package button. The newly added package appears in the list
An SDK provides a convenient mechanism to access Cloud REST APIs and since our APIs are only accessible to authorized persons.
Account creation on Aspose dashboard
- Please visit Aspose.Cloud dashboard website. You will be redirected to the Aspose Single-Sign-On authentication service.
- If you have GitHub or Google account, simply Sign Up. Otherwise, click on the Create a new Account button and provide the required information. Once your account has been successfully created and you can access Aspose Cloud Dashboard.
- Expand the Applications section and click Create New Application button
- Provide a name for your Application and specify default storage for the Application using the plus (+) button
- Specify the name for Storage and storage mode value (Retain files for 24 hours, Retain files for one week or Retain files for one month)
- Again click the Applications menu from the left menu and select the Application created in the last step.
- Scroll down towards the Client Credentials section to see Client ID and Client Secret details.
The same Client ID and Client Secret details are used for initializing and authenticating the Cloud SDK object. In the following code snippet, we are going to initialize an object of Aspose.Words Cloud SDK for .NET.
String MyClientID = "c235e685-1aab-4cda-a95b-54afd63eb87f";
String MyClientSecret = "c235e685-1aab-4cda-a95b-54afd63eb87f";
// Initialize a new object of Words Api by providing Client ID and Client Secret
WordsApi wordsApi = new WordsApi(MyClientID, MyClientSecret);
Cloud SDKs features
The beauty of REST-based Cloud APIs is that you can accomplish complex operations such as MS Word file conversion to PDF, PDF to Image conversion, Convert Excel File to HTML in Cloud, Merge Excel Workbooks, Convert PowerPoint Documents to other File Formats and much more with just few code lines. The given below code snippet shows the steps to load an MS Word file and render the output in PDF format using Aspose.Words Cloud SDK for .NET.
How to Install Java Cloud SDK
The Java Cloud SDKs are available on maven repositories and the following steps define how to install Java cloud SDKs. Add following dependencies in pom.xml
Once you have provided all the details as mentioned above, the dependencies are fetched and added under the Maven Dependencies section.
For testing purposes, the following clientID and clientSecret details can be used.
String clientId = “c235e685-1aab-4cda-a95b-54afd63eb87f”;
String clientSecret = “b8da4ee37494f2ef8da3c727f3a0acb9”;
The usage of Aspose.Cloud API is very convenient in any programming language of your choice and all you need to do is register for free on aspose.cloud dashboard and start using our APIs. The source code along with test examples are freely available on GitHub repositories.