We are pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Slides Cloud 18.8 which supports the feature to set PowerPoint background. Use the REST API for PDF to PPT conversion or even convert PPT to PDF with fewer code lines. Furthermore, this new release also supports the method to retrieve API info; as well as you can set presentation background. Some methods are also updated and now you can directly export Slide notes to SWF, PDF and TIFF format. In order to support this feature,xxxNotes export formats have been marked obsolete. Nevertheless, with the help of new release, you can password protect powerpoint. For a detailed note on what is new and fixed, please visit the release notes section of Aspose.Slides Cloud API.
New Features and Enhancements
- Create method to return API info
- Remove obsolete xxxNotes export formats
- Remove obsolete feature of passing colour in PUT method body for background resource
- Support optional password parameter for all methods
Other Improvements and Changes
- Black rectangle instead of drawing in exported SVG
- Empty SVG options cause an error
Public API Changes
- new info resource is added. Its GET method allows to obtain API info, including API version.
- optional password parameters are added to many methods to make them available for password-protected documents. They include:
- password optional parameter for the following resources: slides, slide, notesSlide; saveAs for slide and shape; shapes and subresources - shape, paragraphs, paragraphportions, portion; masterSlides, masterSlide; layoutSlides, layoutSlide; images, image; placeholders, placeholder; properties, property; background; comments; theme and subresources - colorScheme, formatScheme, fontScheme; textItems, replaceText; merge; split - to be used with the document in case it is password-protected;
- cloneFromPassword optional parameter for POST method of masterSlides and layoutSlides resources to be used with clone source document in case it is specified and is password-protected;
- templatePassword optional parameter for PUT and POST methods of presentation resource to be used with template document in case it is specified and is password-protected;
- Password property for PresentationToMerge object to allow for supplying password for the merged document;
- PresentationPasswords property for PresentationsMergeRequest object to allow for supplying passwords for the merged documents;
- Passing ARGB color as PUT request body parameter of background resource is removed as obsolete. Use the colour query string parameter instead.
- PDFNotes, SwfNotes and TiffNotes export formats are removed as obsolete. Use PDF, Swf and Tiff formats instead with NotesPosition export option.
Aspose Cloud Resources
You may visit the following API resources for getting started and working with the API:
Product Overview – An overview of Aspose.Slides Cloud APIs
Product Documentation – Detailed API documentation with code examples and details about API functional areas
Cloud SDKs – An SDK takes care of a lot of low-level details of making requests and handling responses and lets you focus on writing code specific to your particular project
API Reference Guide – Quickly browse through all Aspose.Slides Cloud APIs and test them in web browser
Aspose.Slides Forum – Free online technical support forum where we address your queries / inquiries