[!WordPress is a free open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, which runs on a web hosting service. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the [Web], at more than 60 million websites. It’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
[! documents without requiring Microsoft Office. This module demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.Words . It adds a simple Aspose Doc Importer button on posts and pages. When users click the button, they get two options: importing from a local DOC file or from Aspose Cloud Storage. The user selects a file, clicks Insert Doc to Editor and the text is inserted into the editor from the selected file. This plugin uses the WordPress Media Up-loader for uploading local files. You can also select files from WordPress Media Gallery.
[gallery link=“file” order=“DESC”]
Installing the Aspose DOC Importer Plugin
You can download the Aspose DOC Importer plugin from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your WordPress website:
- Log into your site as either Admin or another Super user level account.
- Navigate to the Plugin menu and select Add New.
- Type Aspose Doc Importer in the search box and click Search Plugin button. Or click the Upload menu and choose the ZIP folder you downloaded from the locations above.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, click Settings to see the configuration page.
Using the Aspose DOC Importer Plugin
After you have installed the Aspose Doc Import plugin it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started.
- Make sure you are logged-in to a WordPress site as Admin level account.
- Make sure you have set up Aspose App Key & Id on the plugin configuration page. For further details on how to get app keys, [click here] .
- Navigate to the page or posts where you want to import contents from the DOC using Aspose Doc Importer plugin.
- Click the Aspose Doc Importer button.
- Click Select Doc File. It will show WordPress Media Gallery on popup. Either upload a DOC file or choose from the Media Library.
- Click the Use this Doc file for Importing button.
- Click the Insert Doc to Editor button. It inserts the text from the DOC file to the editor.
Please check [the video] below to see it in action.
: https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/06/wordpress-logo-20.png “Aspose PDF Importer”)](http://wordpress.org : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web “World Wide Web” : https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/06/aspose_words_for_cloud_140px.png “Aspose.Words”)](https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/06/aspose_words_for_cloud_140px.png)Aspose DOC Importer plugin for WordPress allows developers to get the contents of Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/rest/Creating+a+New+App+and+Getting+App+Key : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6fHJQxjMuw