**[![Wordpress logo] based on PHP and MySQL, which runs on a web hosting service. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the [Web], at more than 60 million websites. It’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
[![Aspose.Words Cloud logo] documents without requiring Microsoft Office. This module demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.Words. It adds a simple Aspose Doc Importer button to posts and pages. When users click the button, they get two options: importing from a local DOC file or from Aspose Cloud Storage. They select a file, click Insert Doc to Editor and the content is inserted into the editor from the selected file without loosing format. This plugin uses the WordPress Media Up-loader for uploading local files. You can also select files from WordPress Media Gallery.
Installing the Aspose DOC Importer Plugin
You can download the Aspose DOC Importer plugin from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your WordPress website:
- Log into your site as either Admin or another Super user level account.
- Navigate to the Plugin menu and select Add New.
- Type Aspose Doc Importer in the search box and Search Plugin. Or click the Upload menu and choose the ZIP folder you downloaded from the locations above.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, click Settings to see the configuration page.
Using the Aspose DOC Importer Plugin
After you have installed the Aspose Doc Import plugin it is really simple to use it. Please follow these simple steps to get started.
- Make sure you are logged-in to a WordPress site as Admin level account.
- Make sure you have set up Aspose App Key & ID on the plugin configuration page. For further details on how to get app keys, [click here].
- Navigate to the page or posts that you want to import contents to from the DOC using Aspose Doc Importer plugin.
- Click the Aspose Doc Importer button.
- Click Select Doc File.
The WordPress Media Gallery pops up. Either upload a DOC file or choose from the Media Library.
- Click Use this Doc file for Importing.
- Click Insert Doc to Editor.
It inserts the content from the DOC file to the editor.
- All headings in the document are transformed to the , , etc tags without any inline styling. Theme CSS for heading tags will be applied on the front end.
- All paragraphs in the document are transformed to the tag without any inline styling. Theme tag CSS will be applied on the front end.
- All list items from Document File are transformed to tag without any inline styling.
Please check [the video] below to see it in action.
: https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/06/wordpress-logo-20-e1411738488845.png “WordPress logo”)](https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/06/wordpress-logo-20-e1411738488845.png)WordPress** is a free open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wide_Web “World Wide Web” : https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/02/aspose-Words-for-CloudAPIs_100.png “Aspose.Words Cloud logo”)](https://blogs.asposeptyltd.com/cloudsite/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2014/02/aspose-Words-for-CloudAPIs_100.png)Aspose DOC Importer Wordpress plugin allows developers to get the contents from Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/rest/Creating+a+New+App+and+Getting+App+Key : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKTHJywNp-w