Here at Aspose we work hard to make developers’ lives easier by providing easy-to-use, yet powerful APIs for managing documents of different formats. Aspose Cloud is one such project; a cloud-based document generation, conversion and automation platform for developers. Aspose Cloud’s REST APIs are platform independent and can be used on any platform without installation. Being language independent makes it a suitable choice for developers with expertise in any programming language.
We’d like to introduce Aspose.Imaging Cloud, an intuitive RESTful HTTP API powerful enough to handle image transformations. Aspose.Imaging Cloud provides the ability to resize, rotate, flip, and crop images; it can composite TIFF images into a single image; and it can convert image data between several formats. The API can also be used to extract information about an image, such as its width, height and color depth, and to manipulate such properties on the fly.
The Aspose.Imaging Cloud API is accessed via HTTP in the following format:
[http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/imaging/](http://api.aspose.com/v1.1/help "Aspose Cloud v1.1 Help Page")
Like any REST API, read-only requests are sent in HTTP GET while write requests are sent in PUT & POST.
Basic authentication is done on the Aspose Cloud server using a pair of App SID & App Key.
- Image cropping & resizing: The API can be used to re-size images or crop them. You may also choose to change the data format for the output image by adding one more parameter to the request.
- Image rotation & flipping: It has never been easier to rotate or flip an image than now. Aspose.Imaging Cloud hides the ugly calculations from developers and provides an easy-to-use mechanism.
- [Image data format change], and switching between these formats is easy, reliable & efficient.
- Adobe Photoshop™ (.psd) rasterization: Refers to the conversion of PSD files to raster image formats while providing access to all transformations that Aspose.Imaging Cloud can perform.
- [Concatenate] & [split] TIFF frames: Extensive support for the TIFF image format is one of the showcase feature of this API, allowing developers to perform merging & splitting of TIFF images. Moreover, other transformations as discussed can be performed on individual TIFF frames.
- [Conversion to fax compatible format] with scaling and padding.
- Fetch & manipulate image properties: You may wish to retrieve generic image properties using Aspose.Imaging Cloud API in your applications or choose to extract & manipulate format specific attributes such as compression, EXIF data, color depth and many more.
Supported Image Formats
In order to get started with Aspose.Imaging Cloud, create an account at [Aspose Cloud] and get the API Key and API Secret to be used for authentication. In addition, our [online documentation] provides a rich set of working code samples that can be referenced to learn the API.
As always we appreciate your feedback so if you ever have anything to tell us about this release or anything else, please head to the [Aspose.Imaging forum] for a chat.
: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingcloud/Convert+Image+Format “Convert Image Format”): The API supports most common raster image formats (listed below : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingcloud/Merge+Tiff+Images “Merge Tiff Image in the Cloud” : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingcloud/Extract+Frame+from+a+Multi-Frame+TIFF+Image “Extract Tiff Frames” : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingcloud/Converts+Tiff+Image+to+Fax+Compatible+Format “Conversion of Images to Fax Compatible Format”): The toFax resource converts the given TIFF image to a fax compatible format (Tiff-F specification : http://cloud.aspose.com/ “Aspose Cloud” : http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/imagingcloud “Aspose.Imaging Cloud Documentation” : http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/aspose.imaging-product-family/498/showforum.aspx “Aspose.Imaging Support Forum”