The HTML is popular for cross-platform data sharing and it claims to maintain aspect ratio on popular web browsers. But, in some cases, the formatting gets disturbed due to open web standards. Whereas, the PDF files provide the capability to maintain the fidelity of the document irrespective of application software, hardware, and Operating System. Therefore, Portable Document Format (PDF) is widely popular due to its unique feature of maintaining formatting and aspect ratio of elements. It is also excessively used for long term data archival and information preserving.
Similarly, for most official representation of information, PowerPoint presentations (PPTX, PPT, PPTM, ODP, OTP, etc) are commonly used. So while creating the presentation documents, we may receive the information in PDF format which needs to be incorporated into PowerPoint presentation format. One option is to manually copy and paste the data from PDF file to PPTX/ODP etc. But, there are chances that this process may break the formatting of the document as well as its time-consuming. On the other hand, when you need to perform the conversion for a bulk of documents, it gets really cumbersome. So a programming solution is a viable approach.
Selecting an appropriate solution
Albeit, a variety of solutions are available offering capabilities to convert PDF to PPTX. Also, in order to incorporate the conversion feature in your application/solution, you need a solution that can perform all the operations with minimal complexity. Furthermore, other factors such as costing mechanism, the after-sale support services, documentation, code samples, etc are also important. So we recommend using Aspose as its a leading name in file format manipulation with a proven track record of more than two decades and is trusted by Fortune 100 companies. We offer file manipulation services as on-premise, over the cloud, and even out of box solutions in the form of web applications.
In this blog, we are going to shed some light on following topics
Our cloud solutions are quite unique in terms of the features and services they offer. Offering the same capabilities that we attained over all these years in the form of RESTful APIs. No software installation required and even you can perform the document/file processing through command prompt using cURL commands. During this document processing, you can provide the input file as an input argument or load the file already available on cloud storage.
PowerPoint processing RESTful API
Aspose.Slides Cloud is one of our leading file format API providing services specifically for PowerPoint presentation processing. You can use the API to create, manipulate as well as transform the PowerPoint presentation formats to other supported formats. Therefore, it also provides the capabilities to transform PPTX files to PDF format, and similarly, you can convert PDF to PPTX format.
Convert PDF to PPTX
The following options show the steps on how to load a PDF file and render it to PPTX format. In case the specified resultant file is not present, a new file is generated, and if a file with the same name exists on cloud storage, the pages of the newly loaded PDF file are appended as separate slides at the end of the previous presentation.
- First, you need to create an object of SlidesApi while providing your exclusive Client ID and Client Secret keys 🔑 (they can be obtained from dashboard.aspose.cloud)
- Load a file from local storage into a Stream object
- Create an object of PostSlidesDocumentFromPdfRequest class and specify resultant file against Name property
- Specify input PDF loaded into stream object above
- Call PostSlidesDocumentFromPdf(…) method to perform the conversion operation
Convert PPTX to PDF
The conversion of PowerPoint presentation to PDF format is also quite convenient.
- The first step is to get your personalized Client ID and Client Secret from dashboard.aspose.cloud
- Then create an object of SlidesApi while providing Client ID and Client Secret
- Load the input PPTX into the Stream instance
- Create an object of PostSlidesConvertRequest class while providing input Presentation and ExportFormat.Pdf enumeration value as an argument to its constructor
- Class PostSlidesConvert(..) method to initiate the conversion process
- Finally, save the output over local storage in PDF format