We are pleased to announce Version 3 of Aspose.OCR Cloud APIs. Aspose.OCR Cloud is a REST API for optical character recognition and documents scanning in the cloud. It supports reading and recognizing characters from most commonly used raster image formats. Just pass specific image name and its format to the Aspose.OCR Cloud REST API and it will return response in XML or JSON format including recognized text, font name, font size, font style.
The new version is based on the most advanced algorithms of neural networks and distributed computing. The advantages of this algorithm are:
- It is faster than V2, mean page processing time is less than 3 seconds
- Excellent recognition results, mean recognition quality is greater than 97% on text-only samples
- It is based on modern, perspective and scalable cloud architecture
This is the latest version but not yet perfect. It is based on the cutting edge neural networks algorithms, distributed computing and scalable cloud architecture. Unfortunately, it cannot do the skew correction and document structure recognition tasks now (until the next release), but provides good results on only-text images, up to 97,7% [1 – (Levenshtein / Text_Length)]. It is a bit faster than V2 and will be much faster in future.
Specification for functions to work with new algorithm
- Extract Text from Image using Cloud Storage
This API allows you to recognize and extract OCR text from raster images (JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF) stored in the cloud.
- Extract Text from Image without Cloud Storage
This API allow you to recognize and extract OCR text from raster images (JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF) by either passing Image URL as a parameter or image file in request body.
Aspose Cloud Resources
You may visit the following API resources for getting started and working with the API.
- Product Overview – An overview of Aspose.OCR Cloud APIs
- Product Documentation – Detailed API documentation with code examples and details about API functional areas
- API Reference Guide – Quickly browse through all Aspose.OCR Cloud APIs and test them in the browser
- Aspose.OCR Forum – Our online support forum where we address your queries and inquiries