Drupal is a free, open-source web development platform for online content and user communities. Drupal powers some of the busiest sites on the web, and can be adapted to virtually any visual design. Drupal runs over a million sites, including WhiteHouse.gov, World Economic Forum, Stanford University, and Examiner.com. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
Aspose PDF Importer Module for Drupal allows administrators to import contents from PDF document. This module demonstrates the powerful import feature Aspose.PDF provides. It adds a simple button Aspose PDF Importer on Add Content Page. When users click the button, they get two options: importing from a local PDF file or from Aspose Cloud Storage. The user selects a file, clicks “Extract PDF Content” and the text is inserted into the editor from the selected PDF file.
Installing the Aspose PDF Importer Module
You can download the Aspose PDF Importer Module from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your WordPress website:
- Extract the files. When you first get the module, it will appear in a compressed file format, either tar.gz or .zip. On Windows, use a program like 7-zip to extract it.
- Upload the folder. Using SFTP (file transfer protocol) or Git (version control), upload your files to “sites/all/modules” folder in your Drupal installation.
- Enable the module. Navigate to Administer, then Site building and finally Modules. Check the Enabled option next to the Aspose PDF Importer module and click the Save Configuration button at the bottom.
- Include Aspose Keys. Click on the configure button next to the Aspose PDF Importer module and then add APP SID & APP KEY. For further details on how to get app keys, click here.
Using Aspose PDF Importer Module
After you have installed Aspose PDF Importer Module it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started.
- Make sure you are logged-in to a Drupal site as Admin level account.
- Make sure you have set up Aspose App Key & Id on the module configuration page. For further details on how to get app keys, click here.
- Navigate to the Content Page.
- Click on “Aspose PDF Importer” buton and select the file, you want to import.
- After Selecting file, click “Extract PDF Content” button. It will insert the pdf content into the editor.