WordPress is a free open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL, which runs on a web hosting service. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013. WordPress is the most popular blogging system in use on the Web, at more than 60 million websites. It’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
Aspose PDF Importer Plugin allows developers to get/read contents of PDF document without requiring any other software such as Adobe Acrobat or PDF reader. This plugin demonstrates the powerful import feature provided by Aspose.PDF. It adds a simple “Aspose PDF Importer” button on posts & pages. When users click the button, they get two options: importing from a local PDF file or from Aspose Cloud Storage. The user selects a file, clicks “Insert PDF to Editor” and the text is inserted into the editor from the selected PDF file. This plugin uses WordPress Media Up-loader for uploading local files. You can also select files from WordPress Media Gallery.
Installing the Aspose PDF Importer Plugin
You can download the Aspose PDF Importer Plugin from one of the following locations:
Once downloaded, please follow these steps to install the module to your WordPress website:
- Log into your site as either Admin or another Supersuser level account.
- Navigate to the Plugin menu and select Add New.
- Type Aspose PDF Importer in the search box and click Search Plugin button. Or click the Upload menu and choose the ZIP folder you downloaded from the locations above.
- Click Install Now.
- After installation, click Settings to see the configuration page.
Using Aspose PDF Importer Plugin
After you have installed Aspose PDF Import Plugin it is really simple to start using it on your website. Please follow these simple steps to get started.
- Make sure you are logged-in to a WordPress site as Admin level account.
- Make sure you have set up Aspose App Key & Id on the plugin configuration page. For further details on how to get app keys, click here .
- Navigate to the page or posts where you want to import contents from the PDF using Aspose PDF Importer Plugin.
- Click the Aspose PDF Importer button.
- Click Select PDF File. It will show WordPress Media Gallery on popup. Either upload a PDF file or choose from the Media Library.
- Click the Use this PDF file for Importing button.
- Click the Insert PDF to Editor button. It will insert the text from PDF file to Editor.
Please check the video below to see it in action.